Sunday, August 8, 2010

Greetings and Salutations

Okay...this is another attempt to blog. I am not great at regularly sharing my thoughts in this format, but I think I need to start more. This is my outlet for all the times I get "geeked out" about something, I can ramble here. Maybe others are equally "geeked out" and we can share the experience.

Currently I am excited about the eventual Avengers movie and all the movies that are being created to lead to that (some more than others) and Tron Legacy. I also like to rag on the Twilight movies because, well they suck. However, having read the books and seen the first three (the first two, against my will......) I feel slightly invested. I am also delving into the world of comic books with The Walking Dead and the Scott Pilgram vs. The World (must read before see movie.....) and a few others (OH! American Vampire)

TV shows wise....I am gonna stay up to date with True Blood, Eureka, Haven, and once they resume, Doctor Who, Big Bang Theory (I love Sheldon), How I met your Mother ( I love NPH) and Bones. I am also late to the following parties: SG1, BSG, and SNG (if you don't know what they mean you are either on the wrong blog or need to catch up like me). I also love Daily Show, Colbert Report, and Maddow. AND I am a huge Joss Whedon fan (Whedonite?? Whedy??). Oh so much to elaborate on. We will start with my oddest of loves.....White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.

Yes. Him. That nerdy looking guy that comes out and lets you know what is going on with the White House and the President. Why do I love him so? I don't know. Why do some people love, oh say, cream cheese? He is a great public speaker and I love how he stands up for his people. He is composed and not afraid to tell a reporter, in kindish words, what a jerk they are. I have a dear friend who postulates that in a few years his "filter" will clog and BS will run amok (is his filter provided by BP?? Hmmm) but I hope not. I am looking forward to six more years of him. I would take longer if possible...... *sigh* I promise, this will not be the last of him you shall hear from me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment